Friday, June 4, 2010

Karaoke

In the spirit of trying things we've never bothered to try, my friends and I randomly decided to go to the karaoke the other day. Well, some of us have been but some of us haven't.
It was a fairly uncomfortable outing at first. We were meeting up with a friend we hadn't seen since we finished school, although we did keep up with her via Facebook. When she showed up, I have her a quick hug which she did not even reciprocate and even when we were all talking, she was still pretty quiet. I know there are shy people out there but seriously, we were pretty ok (translate: can hug if we haven't seen each other in a long time) in school, and we used to talk. But she was so quiet around us, didn't want to tell us much about what's been going on with her, nor did she really take part in the conversation or laugh at any of the jokes for that matter. I don't know how other people feel, but people like this always make me wonder if I'm talking too much or making them feel left out.
After lunch, we couldn't find any good movie at a suitable time. The idea of going for a karaoke session together had been floating around, and Neway was just in sight from where we were checking out movie times at the cinema in Queensbay, we decided to give it a go.
It was some kind of off peak hour so it cost us RM16 per person and there's some promotion there where if you have an 8 in your IC number. you get a discount. While I've seen some blog posts about this place charging excessively for the nuts and stuff, I don't really know what other places charge. At first we were a bit freaked out when the waiter told us it was RM44 for nuts. We initially thought he meant that price was per person. But then realised that was for all of us so it didn't seem so bad. It also included a drink and a plate of snacks for each of us. The snacks could be replaced with a second drink order. Pretty expensive, but it wasn't as bad as we'd initially thought. Ms Quiet was still making me uncomfortable, though. She refused to even open her mouth at all, let alone even hold a microphone! Even my other friend Gina, who's also pretty shy, ended up singing, though pretty softly. But at least she was still sporting enough to give it a go. It was definitely more fun that I'd initially expected. But don't think I'll be a regular anytime soon. Have probably stumbled on a good thing to do should any of my girlfriends suffer some terrible breakup or something, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment