Monday, May 31, 2010

Temptation

When you finally decide to get serious and go for it, that's precisely the moment temptation seems to rear its ugly head. For years, everytime I get serious about losing weight and eating healthy, people would buy me chocolates, take me out for meals etc etc...and I hadn't even told them that I was trying to diet!



Last week, I decided to get really serious about making sure I work out every day for the rest of my holidays. But the very next day, at lunch with my family, my sister and I shared this awesome dessert with chocolate pie, ice cream, caramel and nuts and marshmallows all on a hot plate...yummm..(Photo from http://www.swensens.com.sg/) Delicious but totally not a good way to start my whole weight loss thing.


The next day, my bffs and I went out to visit a friend. After lunch, we needed a place to hang out. Like most people, we've got a few go to places and the various parts of the island. That afternoon, we happened to be in the area of out favourite Baskin Robbins outlet. Agh!


Then that very night, my parents had a craving for cheesecake. And instead of just getting a slice each, there was a whole cheesecake, small as it may be, tempting me in the refrigerator.


I've kept to the goal of working out every day. But I quite doubt I've burned any calories I haven't put back on with all that food! :(

While I still fit in clothes like this (photo from http://www.look.co.uk/) I'd very much like to look less frumpy. And with more awesome arms and shoulders. I've come to realise that empire waist dresses only do so much to hide your tummy. If you still have one under there, chances are, you tend to look a wee bit preggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment