Sunday, August 15, 2010

Marketing

Sigh. So much for trying to lose all that weight. I've been feeling good about myself that I've finally lost some weight and my clothes are back to fitting me properly. I'm not keeping up with as much exercise now that I'm bogged down with so many classes and so much studying to do. But I'm making sure I don't put back on what I've only just lost.

But yesterday, I got the rudest smack in tha face. My student's Mum told me that I look like I've put on weight. WTH?! Here I am so happy that I've just lost some more weight and she's telling me I look fat?! Then it all came out. The reason I sometimes dislike marketers. That would be the sometimes when they try to seel you things you don't really need.

She'd just started working with one of those healthcare/wellness/Chinese medicine whatever companies. The last time we spoke at length, she was trying to tell me that I should buy whatever Chinese medicine and herbs or whatever through her or something. I suppose the blank look on my face while she rattled off all the names gave away the fact that I'm not into that stuff. Now she tells me my tummy looks bloated and is trying to sell me all those enzyme thingies and detox whatevers. Eww. While the idea of all that detox stuff is nice, I just don't quite feel all that comfortable with taking all these additional things of which I haven't quite been convinced are safe let alone beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment