Sunday, April 25, 2010

Things to do

when someone wakes up on the wrong side of the bed.
1. Leave them alone; or
2. Cheer them up.
You do NOT
1. Have a 'for the sake of argument' conversation with them
2. Disagree with them over something so stupid that has no bearing on how anything turns out.
3. Say 'Fine it's my fault then' as if that would appease the already annoyed person.

First of all, 'for the sake of argument' conversations are never a good thing. The fact that it's just for the sake of argument just means that you don't really disagree. You just want to bring up another possible point of view. Which is fine. Just say that. Although any discerning person could tell, the former just really really really annoys a person who's already annoyed just that much more.

Secondly, if it's just a difference in opinion, just state your opinion and be done with it. I really don't understand why people like to push their opinions on me and then in the end say that I'm the pushy one. Come on, if you're going to shove your opinion down my throat, you can expect it will come right back out in your face in extra force because my opinion's coming right out behind it, too. But if one were to just say it like it is, that it's just their opinion and yes, yours makes sense too even though I still like mine better, then nobody would be pushing their opinions down anybody's throats.

And finally, everyone knows 'fine it's my fault then' never means 'fine it's my fault'. It means 'fine since you're so cranky I'll just take the blame...u satisfied?'
Did you REALLY think that was going to end a disagreement?

No comments:

Post a Comment