Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend of ripping off plasters

You know how doing things like ripping of plasters (especially if you've got bodily hair) is usually best done quickly? I think I had several figurative ones ripped off this weekend.

First was lunch with my schoolmates. First I'd asked Min to pick me up. We were going to Kopi Cine (http://www.straitscollection.com.my/Restaurants.htm) and I didn't want the hassle of having to park really far away and walking over there alone. When she got to my house, I was a little startled to see another person already in the passenger seat. Nicole =.= And right there was my first fake plastered enthusiastic smile for the afternoon. You see there were two relationships that fell apart sometime between the time we were all in school and the time we all finished our pre-u courses and went off to uni. In the subsequent division of 'assets' that go with any breakup, I somehow ended up being closer friends with the guys instead of the girls who were my friends first. Nicole was one of those two girls. But lunch was a lot less uncomfortable than I'd expected. It was good to catch up and nice to hear that some of the most awful people I knew from back then aren't doing that great. *snigger*

I knew that that night, I was supposed to go out with my man and a bunch of his friends. He'd told me it was a farewell for one of his friends who was leaving to do her Masters. What I didn't realise until that afternoon was that it was going to be a BIG gathering. How big? Big enough that his ex from back in pre-u would be there. Urgh. I had a problem with her. Big time. I'd never met her. But I hated the fact that at the time, my man and I were already friends, and I wanted him, and her being one of those slutty, cunning mean girls who do the cute innocent act that men always seem blinded by (plus they were in school together and thus had more access to him) had gotten him first. I hate girls like that. While it's nice to know that he eventaully saw things clearly, I still have no respect for such girls. So yeah. I had to come face to face with her. That didn't go so bad either.
1. She sat super far away from me and seemed less happy to see me than I was to see her.
2. Everyone else was pretty nice and some were really supportive, making sure I felt welcomed.
3. Her bf was sitting there sulking most of the time. He didn't seem to make an effort to fit in with the rest. While this doesn't have anything to do with me, I like knowing that I'm behaving better.
4. Her bf is a doppelganger for my man. Eww. And I thought I was the one who had issues. Well, at first I did. Later I mentioned it to my man. Apparently some of their other friends have noticed, too. So nope, I'm not the crazy one.

Last but not least, I met his parents as his gf for the first time. Sure, they've met me before over the years that we've been friends. But as his gf? No. We were going hiking. They decided they wanted to come along and go for a walk while we hiked. It was a semi-uncomfortable 15 minute drive for me. I had no choice. As he put it "It's just like when I come in when your parents are around."

No comments:

Post a Comment