Saturday, November 6, 2010

time's a-wastin'

This is most probably me just being neurotic but seriously, I just hate it that most other people at school don't seem to have a life and so I perpetually have to put the rest of my life on hold for school stuff.
This time it's about another meeting for a society next week. Except that it's on belly dance class night too. Right I know...school vs belly dance class is usually a no-brainer. But here's the thing. Our advisor has called for this meetings like 3 times this semester - and had to cancel at the last minute the previous two times. This has happened before in previous semesters. Not that I blame him...I'm pretty sure he's got pretty good reasons. But the difference is, he doesn't have to tell me his reasons. I have to tell them mine if I can't make it. And quite frankly, I don't need a pep-talk which I'm pretty sure is what the meeting's about. But well I don't think telling my school I'm going for belly dance class instead of going for a meeting I should go for is pretty smart either. And the worst part is nobody else ever says a certain time is not good for them because none of them ever seem to do anything that's not school related; with the exception of commitment-less forms of entertainment. It always makes me seem like this annoying prima donna who likes to act like she's got an entire calendar full of stuff to do. God I hate that feeling of being checkmated into submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment