Thursday, January 27, 2011

Honesty would be nice for a change

It's been insanely busy around here. Between my project, school work, running a team of really immature adults and my insane family, I haven't really had time to breathe. It got to a point where I was pretty close to tears on Tuesday morning during my lab when the stupid lecturer told me off for not preparing some stupid log book which is of no use and was therefore at the bottom of my priority list. (Just in case any stickler for rules is reading this, yes I am aware of the purpose of a lab log book. You just have no idea how in that particular lab it's of absolutely no value.)

Anyways, it's a bloody vicious cycle. People at home don't care that you've got all this work to do - they just want you help with Chinese New Year preparations; your project and supervisor aren't gonna care if you've got family things to deal with, you still have a deadline to meet; your foreign language lecturer doesn't care that her subject should be the least of your academic worries-here have a test at 8am. And most of all, stupid members of the club you run don't care if you've got deadlines to meet when passing on info to the university management. They'll take all the time they like just to give you their own bloody personal details!

It just really annoys me when people are spineless and dishonest, although both don't necessarily come together all the time. But point is...there's this girl. She's obviously more keen on this other club she's also joined. But thing is she already said she wanted to go for this tournament with us and now when it's time to finalise things, she actually told her teammates she doesn't really want to go. But of course she doesn't dare tell me. And so she's been avoiding my calls, texts, Facebook messages, emails, sarcastic spamming of the Facebook updates she has the time to put up but no time to send me the necessary details... I just don't get it. It's WAY too late to say she doesn't feel like going now. A month and a half ago, they'd all already said they were interested, her included. And we signed up like a month ago. And now just on a whim she just doesn't feel like going. WTH! And I'm guessing it's mostly because she's got other stuff to do for the other club. Which would've been perfectly fine with me if she'd just said "No I don't want to go because I think I'm not really that into the stuff you guys do" like a month and a half ago. But nooooo avoid my calls, emails, texts etc etc. Sure...sticking your head in the sand makes you seem all that much less annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment