Friday, January 7, 2011

What a day!

Last night I considered a career in PR. It was one of those times when I freaked out that current classmates are already checking out Masters programmes and my former schoolmates who went abroad are already bragging on Facebook about getting recruited before they even graduate. So I went online and did a little preliminary job hunting. Just to see what's out there and what I might be interested in. But after today, really, I don't think I can spend my days putting up with people and being nice to them even when I feel like strangling them.
Admittedly there's still a bit of me that's a spoiled little princess who believes the world should revolve around me. Thus, I get pretty damn annoyed when the axis is shifted away from me a wee bit. But still, I think much of my annoyance is still pretty reasonable. Morons who don't know how to drive and leave a huge scratch on your car, morons who don't know how to drive and yet think they have to 'teach you a lesson' on the road by swerving in front of you and not allowing you to overtake them, annoying parents who'd rather gossip on the phone than help you with the huge bunch of things you have to carry out of the car (most of which belong to them)...sigh.
At risk of sounding of too much like a spoiled brat I had to stop myself from bitching about everything I wanted to bitch about to my man. Thank God I saw Jo online. Otherwise, I might have burst. Sigh...I now understand how valuable it is just to have someone who'll listen without judgement...just to let you get it out of your system. It's really annoying when I rant to someone and they keep trying to rationalise things or tell me "Well look at it from the other person's point of view..." AGH! The whole problem is that asshole who pissed me off didn't consider my feelings now did they? So yes, I do possess rational thought. Just let me be pissed and let off steam!!! Grr...

No comments:

Post a Comment