Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mostly Meatless...and other things I've been up to

I read this article the other day about this movement for going meatless on Mondays for health and environmental reasons. This sounded like something I wouldn't mind trying to do...not so much for the same reasons, though. I just sometimes feel a little sick when I think about eating meat.
Thankfully it's study week. I finally have time, and am at home, to make my own lunch - a nice meatless lunch with very little oil. Oily food is yet another thing that I sometimes just need a break from. Yay. I should do this again next Monday.

Then there was the weekend. I think I had a pretty good sort of first attempt at scrapbooking, if I may say so myself. Gina's birthday was during the weekend and I made her this cute little scrapbook. And finally got to use the cute little gift envelopes I bought from Daiso.
A few of us took her out for dinner on Saturday night at Lolipot, this Shabu Shabu place near Queensbay. It was pretty nice, though my only complaint would be that we didn't get the round table. Instead we had to be split up into two booths. But that wasn't the shop's fault. Sometimes, you just can't trust others to do anything right...like make dinner reservations. But it was prety good. A tip for anyone going there, though: sit under one of the air conditioning vents. I saw this guy who was sitting in the middle area, far far away from any air conditioning vents...and he was seriously sweating!

No comments:

Post a Comment