Thursday, April 14, 2011

Procrastinator? Not!

That's two applications done in one day. And it's not even lunchtime yet. Of course that just makes up for my slacking yesterday. But I'm making pretty decent headway with my list of companies to apply to. The best part was I found a job to apply for that might make me a planet-saving person after all! Yay!
One thing I've found that I have a hard time with in application forms: ranking your language abilities. I know exactly in which order the languages I speak would rank. But if your choices are only excellent, good, elementary and not applicable...By comparison, yes my English is excellent as opposed to my Mandarin. But is it actually excellent? No. But on a scale of excellent good and elementary, isn't excellent = good, and good = mediocre, and elementary = poor? Is it possible for me to be only mediocre at my first language? Wouldn't that imply poor communication skills?
This is where those close to me would tell me I'm starting to think too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment