Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Card making


For a little while, I was a little worried about what to get a two-year-old for her birthday. Honestly, I have no idea at what age kids start reading, talking, walking and what not.

So, when my man said he'd settle the present, I was a little relieved. But also a bit miffed I won't get to pick out anything super cute that I otherwise wouldn't get to buy. And also I didn't want to seem like I wasn't bothered at all and left everything to him. So I decided to indulge in another activity I usually feel a bit weird carrying out without reason - scrapbooking /card-making. After a trip or two to Daiso and a bookstore to get felt and paper, here it is:




Given that I've pretty much sucked at art and craft all my life, I've just got to ask this, though. Can you tell what animal that's supposed to be? And does it look cute or will it just frighten the kid?


Blank inside - which I'll probably write a happy birthday
message or find some cute way to spell out her name.

I actually got the pattern from The Practical Handbook of Card-Making by Cheryl Owen.

The Practical Handbook of Card Making front cover

It's a pretty handy book with templates at the back that you can trace and use in your designs. The felt I used (from Daiso) has adhesive on the back and also a grid on the backing so you can draw your design and cut out. I'd actually also bought one of those craft punches to add on little felt flowers on the card. But the punch can't cut through the felt. I'm not sure if it'll work with regular felt without adhesive, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment