Thursday, October 28, 2010

Azio Hotel

So quickly the next holiday season is already around the corner. Well before everyone goes off for holidays again, I just have to get myself off my lazy bum and finally write this review of the hotel my friends and I stayed in in Lankawi over the Raya break. It's called Azio Hotel and Residences on Jalan Pandak Mayah 7.
It's situated at a pretty convenient location and the rooms were pretty clean...and that's where my compliments end. Oh yeah and they lent us a bottle opener.
Here are some facts about the place.
It's like a converted row of shop houses. The lower level is a duty free store owned by the same company, and you walk up to the 'hotel' area. AT the top of the stairs, you will see room doors, and the reception desk is on the left. At every room door, theres this light with the room number on it. I can't remember if it goes on or off when your key card is inside the thingy in the room. Point is, while it makes it easier for housekeeping to know if the room is occupied or not, it also makes it easier for everyone else to know. The room doors have no peep holes nor security door chains so you can't ever check who's at your door should anyone knock.
The bathroom walls are made of glass. The door is frosted, and the glass walls are covered by a shower curtain. Hot water is iffy in some of the rooms despite the new, cool-looking showers. Oh yeah...the frosted glass door doesn't lock..as in there's no lock on the door.
Staff were rude and unhelpful. This one guy in particular was so rude, lazy and lied to us about stuff (they decided to do some 'emergency' repairs to the bidet hose in my room so they'd simply packed up all our stuff and dumped them in our friends' room and insisted they'd tried to call us but couldn't get through - a complete lie since my roommate and I had been texting each other during the day. He later changed his story to "one of the other receptionists had said we'd gone island hopping and therefore they couldn't contact us" - another load of complete bull since they don't have our itinerary at all.) After refusing to answer me when I asked several times (very nicely if I might add) if they could assure us none of our stuff was missing, he had the damn balls to tell me that if I don't lower my voice, he will refuse to answer me. WTF. And what was supposed to make everything completely okay was that they gave us a replacement room. At the other end of the hallway, far, far away from the lobby and from the rest of our friends. Call me paranoid or whatever but really, how convenient that hotel staff who don't seem to think that simply packing up our stuff is a bit of a violation of privacy (for a very dodgy excuse of an emergency repair), move the only two girls in the group to a room far far away from the lobby and from our friends (recall the lack of security for the doors).

No comments:

Post a Comment