Monday, October 11, 2010

Seriously?

Okay sometimes I really just don't get all the weird things some people are capable of doing/saying.
First up, insane things I would never dream of saying to a teacher myself.
1. "Can you just read the whole script and we record it and we'll just act it out?"
Apparently that's what one of the classes said to my German language teacher while they were discussing preparing a sketch for one of our language school events.
2. "I would throw it away."
This was apparently their response to what they would do if they were members of the audience given little potted plants from their environmentally-themed play. First of all, why throws away plants? If they didn't want it, they could easily pass it on to the next person or give it back to the cast for them to settle it. Or, since it's a tiny little plant, I'd say it's the perfect thing to put by the window in our otherwise super bare dorm rooms. Secondly, even if you were going to throw it away, who says that so bluntly to the lecturer we already know is so passionate about her cause? Seriously..
Next up,
3. "Oh yeah, it is beef."
When I asked the girl who prepared the food for the event. I always thought people knew not taking beef was pretty common. Apparently not. The beef was an unnecessary addition to mac and cheese and was nowhere mentioned in the menu.
4. "You'll have to pay for that."
When my friend went to ask where the potato salad that was to go with our mac and cheese (which we already paid for) was.

No comments:

Post a Comment