Tuesday, October 19, 2010

erm...get out of my way...please?

Yesterday when there were only three of us at belly dancing class, I thought that it would be a really pleasant class with nobody getting in my way while dancing or blocking my view of the instructor or of myself in the mirror. But then, Rose showed up. She's nice and all but when it comes to dance class, I really, really, really cannot stand her. At first I thought she was one of those bimbotic tai tais who just don't realise what they're doing but yesterday I learnt she's got qualifications that prove she's supposed to have more brains than me.
Anyways, the studio is emptier than usual and there's plenty of room. At the beginning of the class we were at opposite ends of the room. The current song we're working on, however requires a lot of turns and thus, loads of space. So okay I get it if she wants to move closer to my end of the room to accommodate steps moving towards the right. But standing right in front of me and blocking me completely? WTF. I couldn't see the instructor, couldn't see myself and because she's fumbling around with the steps all the time, I was half worried she'd hit me or get in my way while doing the turns. And did I mention she's enormous? Like say way taller than me and about twice my width. Proportionate for her, yes. But also big enough to completely block my view of the mirror should she stand in front of me. And it just always bugs me like when there's plenty of room but someone comes so close to me that they crowd me. uuurrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment