Sunday, October 17, 2010

Burger King, Penang

I finally went to the Burger King here. And frankly, I don't see what all the fuss is about. If you've never set foot out of Penang and therefore have not been able to try Burger King in other parts of the country, then okay, I can see why it's something you'd want to try. Otherwise, I fail to see why people are willing to queue all the way from the counter to the doors just for a burger. I only ended up there because we'd thought all the hype would've died down by now. But when we got there, the queue was still pretty long. But I was hungry and really didn't want drive anywhere else anymore.
It took about 20 to 30 minutes of waiting in line only to reach the counter and observe pretty erm...inexperienced workers behind the counters. I just couldn't stand the one who was refilling ice cubes at the drinks dispenser. It was just so messy and makes me worry about how clean the ice cubes that will end up in my drink are. The one at the cash register routinely forgot to give people napkins and several people in the queue ahead of me had to come back because there was some mistake or other.
The food was okay. No different from any other outlet I've been to. Except that I've now got a bit of an upset tummy...although I've got another suspect on my list for that. So I can't be sure if it was from lunch today.
My verdict: Could possibly go again eventually but I'm not in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment