Thursday, October 14, 2010

~insecure~

It's been a pretty nice two weeks of not teaching. My students had school exams and wanted the two weeks off. While I thought I'd find uninterrupted Saturday afternoons a nice break, I ended up practicing during the time I usually spend teaching. And I realised something...I don't think I'm all that good. I'm just having one of those times when I worry that I'm not good enough and that I'm a pretty lousy teacher. Most of the time I don't think so. I think I do a good job of getting otherwise uninterested kids engaged in the lesson and getting them to enjoy playing. But what if that's not good enough? I definitely know I'm not the best teacher as far as technique is concerned (if I were, then well all music degree programs could just close shop, no?) What if I'm not good enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment