Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hotels

So, more about my stay in KL.

The first hotel I stayed at was the Corus hotel. As I mentioned in the earlier post, this is one of the drop-off points for Aeroline buses. Passengers will be dropped off or picked up at the bus stop out front.
The staff at the Corus were really friendly and helpful. I didn't have any trouble checking in or getting some directions or advice on how to get to the places I needed to go.
My room was clean and comfortable. A jug kettle and some instant coffee, green tea and tea were provided. Read the sign on the table carefully, thought. The mineral water is not complimentary, as they are in some hotels. Bathroom was comfortable. A toothbrush kit, shaving kit, sweing kt, shower cap, shower gel and shampoo were provided.

It was a really short walk to Avenue K where one can get across to KLCC without having to cross the busy street. I didn't take the LRT but yes it's easy to get to that, if necessary. There would be the one between Avenue K and KLCC, and about a 5 minute walk in the opposite direction would be the Ampang Park station. Food in the area isn't a problem. Along the walk to the Ampang Park station, there are several food outlets. I saw an Indian food place that looked really good...didn't have the time to try it, though. There's Old Town and McDonald's for the less adventurous.

I also stayed at the Boulevard. I didn't like this hotel as much. Most of the amenities were about the same as the previous hotel. My problem with this hotel was the lighting, though. For some strange reason, their placement always meant getting an uncomfortable glare in my eyes. The bathroom was nice, though. Unlike the Corus, this hotel had the bath and shower at separate ends of the bathroom, ie. no uncomfortable climbing in and out of the tub, trying not to slip, just to take a shower. However, this hotel does not have its own separate car park.

2 comments:

  1. Oo..i rmbr u threw up in the bus otw home from Cameron Highlands :/

    tho i wish we could do a day trip or overnight to Kl. I haven't had a proper visit since 2003 when mom decided to splurge a little and get us out of Penang for possibly the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha if I go there while you're back, u can come with :)

    ReplyDelete