Thursday, June 23, 2011

What do you get...

for a friend's birthday? Ah the usual dilemmas of buying a present. Here's why this one is a little more difficult than usual:
She's one of those secondary school friends I've written about. She was one of the nicer ones but doesn't change the fact that we've probably only had a maximum of 3 superficial conversations in the past five years?

Anyway, she's making an effort to sort of keep in touch and she recently invited me for her birthday party which I guess is pretty nice. The turnoff is, of course, that a bunch of the people I don't particularly want to see from secondary school will also be there. Other guests would be people I don't know at all.

But I've decided I'll be a grown-up about it and just accept the invitation. But here comes my other dilemma: what do I buy for her?

Scarves sound nice but I'm not sure she uses them or what kinds of patterns she likes. Not sure about stuff like lotions or lipstick because I don't think she uses them. Not sure about books because I don't know what she reads.
Gift cards? Everyone goes to Starbucks right? But a RM10 gift card sounds a bit...cheap. Anything more than that, though is a bit insane. How much could you possibly spend there?

2 comments:

  1. oooo when? can i come along for the shopping trip? plzplzpzlpzlz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha the party's on Sat night.

    ReplyDelete